Thursday 23 March 2023

Collaboration Project - Adventuring Party, ADD11 Female Magic User

 

 I can't believe this is actually the first model I've completed since early December. I've painted most days since then but just couldn't get anything finished. I must have about twenty half painted models cluttering up the desk from during that period. I've never known a time like it to be honest; making a promising start then running put of interest. 

 The other week I suggested to my good buddy Rochie over at Buried Under Lead, a collaboration project to help remedy my frustration. He was more than keen so we got the ball rolling.

 The plan is to paint one figure a week to make up a five model adventuring party. So here is my first effort:

 She is a female magic user from the classic Citadel AD&D range; the high level model from the packs of three miniatures that represented a character at different stages of experience. 

 This is a model I've been interested in acquiring for a while now so this was the ideal opportunity to grab one. It's always nice to have a figure turn up that I've never had in hand before and was impressed with all the little details on this one. 

 Part of the fun in this kind of project is deciding on figure selection. It didn't take me long to work out who was going to feature in this party. I'll reveal each week who's in as I finish them. The next one is underway and should be completed by the end of the week.

 I painted Gladius from the Heroic Fighters of the Known World set a while back (over a year ago actually - time flies!) and although he's not strictly part of this project, I'll probably include him seeing as he was intended for a small adventuring party such as this one anyway.


 

 

6 comments:

  1. I have tons of half painted minis! It's a bit of a curse really. Eventually a bunch of stuff suddenly finishes. Having a buddy to egg you on to finish minis is a pretty solid cure though.

    Is there a (game)plan for the 5 member party? Or mostly eye candy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, lovely painting sir. Her face though.... doubt she's getting much amorous attention at the local wizard's club with those simian features. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂 harsh but true! A trait in the early Aly Morrison faces. Gotta love 'em though! And thank you!

      Delete

  3. We did not remember this mini in the ADD range. It's really full of detail and your paintjob brought it out. This miniature made us think that, compared to the miniatures of the ADD universe, WHFB has a very limited presence of female wizards, which (if we're not mistaken) has gradually decreased with the new editions.

    ReplyDelete