Sunday 8 September 2024

Citadel DS2 Dragon Ogre



 Well I've struggled to get anything painted for about four months now. Had a fair bit of life getting in the way and all that plus I felt I needed a break from the diorama. I'd tried a few ideas with various small projects and nothing seemed to stick. In the end, I went back to a model I'd made a start on about two years ago. Nick Bibby's iconic dragon ogre.

 I remember purchasing this from Southampton Games Workshop in about 1989 or 1990. Being only about 14, I was a bit out of my depth trying to build it, plus it has some difficult joins to get over, especially where I wouldn't have had the tools to pin it. I believe it was the first time I used epoxy resin as well, which I recall being a rather messy affair. I remember stripping and redoing it around the mid 90's then would have stripped it again at some point, only for it to remain stored away in the Chaos box for years.

 Fast forward to now and I decided to opt, as with the original GW staff paint job, red armour which would contrast well with a pale, sickly flesh tone. The flesh was quite a lengthy process of layering up plus the blending to the darker toned legs took a bit of messing around with.

 I've also repositioned the left arm and drilled out the fist as I intend to equip him with a chaos banner and I have just the thing; and pretty unique as well, thanks to the insane skills of Roberth Breséus. 


 That'll have to wait for now as the much needed break has motivated me into returning to the diorama.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment