Sunday 20 November 2016

Palatine Hive Challenge Update - Helmawr Gang Complete



 So next up is the main man; the Helmawr Clan leader. Another limited release figure, this was a Jes Goodwin sculpt and in fact the second time I've painted him.
 As you can see he's brimming with detail and is a complex and busy figure to paint. Having acquired a second copy of this sculpt, it's safe to say the first was definitely a recast as theasy second one in comparison is vastly superior in casting quality.


 I said it two years ago and I'll say it again now, he's definitely one of my all time favourite figures so painting it required no room for error.




 I'm really happy with the end result actually and equally satisfied that I now have a completed Confrontation gang, albeit a rather small one but hey, I ain't bothered. Plus I shall be taking these guys to BOYL 2017 where hopefully they'll be involved in some kind of game.


 So with another project squared off, next up will be (and I've already begun) resuming probably my longest ongoing army project. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment