Sunday 23 July 2017

40k Rogue Trader Warband Project - Underway



 I wouldn't call it a lost mojo exactly, more the case of trying out a few ideas and them not working. Over the last few weeks I haven't quite managed to get going with anything.

 The I decided to tackle something that has been sat on my desk in a resealable bag for about six months.

 For some time now I'd been keen on creating my own rogue trader and then his retinue. So here he is.


 I always found it odd that there was never an actual specific model made to represent one (stop me if I'm totally wrong here). There were one or two that could be used as ones of course but I wanted my own take on one.


 After a degree of trial and error I decided on using Erekose from the Eternal Champion range as a base model. The legs are from an Elf warrior. The right hand is from an Adeptus Arbites fig. His pet is of course one from the Chaos familiars range.


 As you can see from the WIP pics below I took quite a lot of lead off Erekose then it was a case of using my moderate modelling skills to sculpt the hair, greatcoat etc. The skulls on the boots are a mold press from the cap badge of a commissar.

The original Erekose figure






 Then with all the hard work done he was chucked in a bag and forgotten about, until now. I haven't decided on name or background yet but I'll get on with that as I work on his followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment