Saturday 13 April 2019

Citadel Realm of Chaos knight #2



 So with the warband complete, I've moved onto the unit of chaos knights. Having painted one last year as a one off, it's on with number two.


 Like before, it's one of the Perry knights from 1989.
 I've used part of a banner pole from the Khorne juggernaut as some extra detailing plus the severed head from a goblin chariot yoke.



 Finally, like the previous knight, I've added a chain rein. Luckily I found a length under a pile of lead on the desk which fitted perfectly. I'm awaiting a delivery but didn't realise it was coming from overseas (China most likely, judging by the estimated arrival date) and is probably still on the Indian Ocean or somewhere at this point.



 I managed to get this one knocked out pretty quickly and am already rattling into number three. I must be getting into a rythym with the red armour. Hopefully I'll be posting him up early next week.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Whatever formula you're using for red armor is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Bill! The red armour process is Coat D'arms Brick Red, thinned chestnut and black ink shade then highlights of Brick Red, Mephiston Red and Averland Sunset.

      Delete
    2. Thank you kindly Shaitan! I might need to borrow that formula on some upcoming Chaos warriors.

      Delete
    3. No worries! Hope you get the result you're after!

      Delete
    4. Glad Bill asked, that’s a good recipe.

      Delete
  2. He really has this feeling of weight and might that befits chaos knights. Smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mec. They were big old sculpts even for 1989 standards. Gives that appearance of having some real clout!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gads! You really are doing some glorious work on these Khornate fellows. The chain rein is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm really enjoying it after many years of painting chaos in metallics.

      Delete
  5. Really lovely work! The vibrant colours look magnificent on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I don't know if I can go back to silver now.

      Delete
  6. A green and red mount, check, red armor check, severed head check. Everything I could hope for in a chaos knight. ;) Nice work Ned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! More severed heads to come! Can't wait to get the unit complete.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete