Friday 26 April 2019

Citadel Realm of Chaos Knight #4



 With the latest installment in the unit of chaos knights, I've gone for a makeover on one I painted about five years ago. Basically it's an 80% (ish) repaint.


 I did consider stripping it and starting over but there were enough aspects that complimented the other three. I've gone for the same steed as knight three. After a little harsh criticism in the last post, I've come round to it somewhat.


 The only conversion work on this one, bar the reins is the tail. This time I've gone for the tail of a Slaanesh champion. The figure was a little worn around some of the key areas so I didn't feel any resentment to cutting it off.


 This is perhaps my favourite rider of the range and definitely the first one I ever bought; circa 1996 I'd say.


 So with one to go, I may have a blast on something else next as I am waiting for the last steed to arrive. It'll definitely be Khorne related though.

15 comments:

  1. Im really loving this series mate!
    Great job on the Knights , I wish they were more afordable, I only hace a couple :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Yeah I was always put off by the costs of this range. I was lucky though and managed to get one dirt cheap and another couple in trades.

      Delete
  2. He's a really good Chaos Knight mini, one of the best from that range for sure. You've managed to tie him into the rest of the unit, can't even tell he was a touch up. Cool addition Ned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Shane! Yeah I was worried he wouldn't fit in unless I actually stripped him and started from scratch.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work - I love the reversed ratio of red to brass compared to the previous knights. Very elegant way to keep him tied into the unit while maintaining a chaotic sense of individuality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bill! I was concerned that the brass scales would look too out of place with the predominant red armour elsewhere.

      Delete
  4. Great addition to the unit. I can't wait to see them all together - it's going to be an imposing sight! I particularly like the checks on this guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jon! Thought the unit were due some more checks. It'll be great to square them off. Hopefully this week at some point.

      Delete
  5. Charm, pure charm. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete