Saturday 11 May 2019

Citadel Realm of Chaos Knight unit - Complete



 Well that last one was a real struggle! I think I'm in need of a break from the Khorne models. It's all beginning to feel like some kind of an accidental army challenge.


 Anyway, the main thing is that I've managed to get the knight unit finished, although it should be eight man strong really!


 No tail conversion on this one but there has been one or two alterations. I've gone for a demon crest which I've taken from Sir Brut from the heroic fighters box set. The impaled head is from the goblin chariot box that I'd removed about 25 years ago, rather stupidly I'll confess, but at least it's found a purpose at last. <EDIT> Hang on, what am I on about?? The head from the goblin chariot is on the other one (first from left). This is the head from a dwarf berserker, which my mate had knifed up when we were kids.





 So that will do for now with the Khorne force. I think I deserve a break for a while. I need to clear the lead pile on the desk as well, or at least reduce some of it. It'll be refreshing starting something completely different; the most likely idea will be a small vignette.

22 comments:

  1. Great unit there Ned! It will look great, marching across the pretend battlefield, crushing the enemy dolls, seeing them routed fromfthe table, and to hear the lamentations of their imagined women!

    BOSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Shane! Haha! They'll need a few more lads as back up but I'm happy with the input for now. I'm all Khorned out for the moment. Need a lawful/neutral interlude.

      Delete
  2. Great job! (although I feel a little bit sorry for Sir Brut)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jaeckel! Haha! If it makes you feel any better, I did cut that plume off about 25 years ago in my foolish youth.

      Delete
  3. They look outstanding together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning unit, full of little individual changes and tweaks. Really imposing to look at too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jon. I've been keen to see them ranked up together. It was tricky at times what to use to tweak each one. One I'd done it to the first, I couldn't really not do it to the rest!

      Delete
  5. The subtle aleterations are just perfect. It's a stunning unit well worth the cost of the beefy WS, and the additional wound and attack. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man! I may expand the unit down the line although I'm running low on spare tails and trophy items in the bits box.

      Delete
  6. [insert bright eyes meme here]
    I do love this stuff. Magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sight to behold. Suitably frightening while maintaining a coherent unit feel with subtle painting.

    Absolutely love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks very much Matthew. I was hoping the coherency would remain as I altered the doubles for a bit of variation.

      Delete
  8. Lovely work mate! They all look great. And as a unit too. I can clearly remember painting those feet back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Howie! Yeah you can get some nice edging on those armoured boots highlight wise.

      Delete