Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

MM66 Marauder mounted Reiksguard Knight, No.1

So I've been working on a number of items over the last few weeks, one of them being a model from a pretty rare group, the MM66 Marauder mounted Reiksguard knights. Sculpted around 1990, the five riders and two horse variants were uncatalogued, never featuring in any flyers or adverts. It's taken me some considerable time to amass all five and here is the first one.
Unsurprisingly, there are very few painted examples out there of these guys. Each rider variant has brilliant individuality so they'll make for an impressive regiment when they're all done.
The plan is to get all five finished over the next couple of months as I continue to work on two or three projects, themselves included. They shall be part of my Tilean army, portrayed as the Knights of Magritta; I shall include information on their lore once all five are complete.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant work, can't say I have seen those before - very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym. It's such a shame they never saw a proper release.

      Delete
  2. That is a very nice model painted very nicely.
    Interesting the size of the horse, much smaller than Citadel.
    Almost too small maybe?
    However Citadel horses tended to be too big for my liking.

    Looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Mike. Yeah the Marauder horses were always a tad small; the chaos steeds are the same. Hope will have the next one finished soon, if I can fit the time in.

      Delete
  3. My feed failed to notify me of this one. Glad I stumbled upon it. I love the old reiksgard figs. This one truly is something new to me, as you say, never features in any spreads or ads. Alas. Lovely job on the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Yeah, I thought it was about time I started working on them as they've been sat around waiting for about two years. Hopefully they'll look the part when they're all finished as a regiment.

      Delete
  4. Lovely. I'm pining for my old Empire Army now!!!

    ReplyDelete