Saturday 29 December 2018

2018 Review time!



 Season's greetings and all that! As another year draws to a close and this blog reaches half a decade, it's time for the annual review.


 The yearly total of posts for 2018 is somewhat lower than other years. I've tended to post more finished units this time than units or warbands in progress.
 The year began with the continuation of the Old World Army Challenge which had commenced at the tail end of 2017; a Border Princes Confederacy.

 After a good start, I began to slow up due to work commitments and had to come to terms with the fact I wasn't going to be able to complete the challenge. I'd managed to add a great cannon, a helblaster volley gun and a unit of halberdiers but work was getting increasingly full on and I had to call that it.




 With less time available, I decided to work on smaller projects. A Realm of Chaos mounted knight and a couple of figures to complete my Tzeentch warband.



 Getting back into the Empire scene, I commissioned the talented Alessio Cisbani to sculpt me an Empire hero based on a piece of John Blanche artwork. Alessio did a fine job; a really enjoyable figure to paint too.





 After making a start on a warband which included another copy of Alessio's model I was then preoccupied for some considerable time (about 2 and a half months) with the largest project of this year, the Forgeworld Landship. More details for that can be found HERE.





 With the year nearing the end, I continued with the Border Princes, add a mercenary spearman warband including an unreleased Empire captain and finally the army's commander, Marshal of the Border Princes Confederacy.



 I've one or two plans for the army for 2019 but after a year that has been dominated by Empire, it may be time to focus on other projects. It's probably the only year where I've not painted anything 40k so there's food for thought.

 I've no plans for a large scale project for next year yet. Some kind of vignette or diorama would be nice but nothing's sprung to mind so far. High praise to all the inspirational work I've seen out there this year, some breath taking pieces as always - and hope to see a lot more for 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment