Wednesday 12 December 2018

Warhammer Empire Border Princes Confederacy Army Commander- High Prince Bela of Styrtia



 Continuing with yet another Border Princes post, this latest offering is a tweaking of the classic Emperor Karl Franz figure - transforming him into High Prince Bela of Styrtia.

High Prince Bela 
"You have a woman's name m'lord!" Any Hungarian would probably beg to differ though 

 The plan is to include three or four of the Border Prince characters into the army with of one them as supreme commander - preferably the most flamboyant one. The Karl Franz figure seemed the most suitable option; getting rid of the hammer of course.


 I decided to give his steed a bit of enhancement as well, using several mould presses as armour details. A bit of a fiddly job was that. The head is of a chaos steed but I've given it a plume from what I believe to be a Blood Dragon horse.


 Overall he was a tricky character to paint; some bitchingly difficult eyes to finish off with as well. With a lot of varying detail, it was crucial to make sure the colour choices were coherent enough. That flowing elaborate sash prevents him from ranking up in a unit with other knights, which is a bit of a pisser.




High Prince Bela accompanied by fellow Border Princes, Duke Beaucamp (left) and Lord Durant.

 I'll try to bash out one more post before the traditional end of year review. Most likely it'll be the start of another unit, possibly cavalry.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'd love to ask you a question relating to this work of yours! This character High Prince Bela. I was looking for him everywhere within the lore. Lexicanum sourced the Renegade Crowns supplement for the warhammer fantasy rpg game. The problem is, every bit they claimed to be a source there, I haven't actually found in Renegade Crowns including Bela himself and his realm. The rpg book and people claiming it as their source really puzzles me, when I find 0 reference to the border prince states mentoined alongside Styrtia. Could you help me in what book of lore is Bela referenced in? Or if it's indeed referenced from Renegade Crowns, can you tell me what page it may be? Or why I can't find it in the online version. If you could help me in this, I'd really appriciate it, either way thank you for your nice work and conversions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for the comment, glad you like it. To be honest, I only found the name on the Border Princes Lexicanum page and have never read Renegade Crowns, although I probably should. I've only worked with the limited info that I had sourced. Sorry I can't be of much help here.

      Delete