Saturday 23 February 2019

Khorne Warband Update - Citadel C23 Chaos Ogre



 Continuing with the Khorne warband, I've gone for my favourite (arguably) of the Jes Goodwin ogres. I'd painted one over 20 years ago SEEN HERE and this time decided to go for a different flavour of armour, although maybe I should have gone for red, in keeping with his master.



 He'll be accompanied by six beastmen, two harpies plus something exciting from the Other table from the Slaves to Darkness followers lists which I'll reveal when it's painted. I've always included a roll on the Other table just to add a bit of potential jazz to my warband generating.



 I'll probably hit the beastmen next, although they'll be scattered among a few other works in progress, there's quite a lot on the desk at the moment that I want to wrap up plus there's plenty going on in the old noggin that I need to get into production.

14 comments:

  1. He's great! I like the restrained colour choices with his metallic armour providing a frame for his ruddy face. Seeing him side by side with the champion made me realise how big the old champions were / how small classic ogres are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jon! Yeah I guess the armour does set the face off. Nice to pull that off by accident.🙂 I suppose there isn't a lot of difference in size now you mention it. Couldn't have him towering above the main man now!

      Delete
  2. LOoks great not everything needs to be red, more would detract from his characterful face. The shield looks interesting any chance of a clear view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! Yes you have a point there. And I'll take a shot of the shield for you and edit it into the post when I get a chance later.

      Delete
  3. Lovely Ned! Your warband is going to be really impressive by the end, I can already see it.

    Great stuff mate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Shane! So begins the slightly laborious task of doing the beastmen. Plus there's the classic old gem from the Other table roll. 😉

      Delete
  4. I don't recall seeing this ogre before. Very cool looking figure. Looking forward to seeing this warband grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean! Disappointingly this guy didn't come top of JB's recent Whats Your Favourite Jes Goodwin Ogre poll. 😂

      Delete
  5. Lovely and scary. I really like the palette you used here and the whole result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Suber! Yeah he's quite plain compared to a lot of the other stuff I've been painting lately.

      Delete